Monday, December 05, 2005

Ah, the curses of my life. One that I have fallen victim to the most was my birthday curse. If I let my guard down, becoming too carefree or too secure, I do something stupid and fate stabs me on the back. Somehow manipulating events where my mistake which would normally have minimal punishment would amplify, converting all possible joy I could have had into misery. Most of the family scolding and judging me, as if I did it on purpose, as if they were immune to making mistakes. One thing I admire about fate, It makes the situation bad, but makes it seem controllable, as if I could have avoided it somehow.

Fortunately, I found a way to avoid it from happening. I've known and used it in these last few years. Keeping event during my birthday to a minimum, giving fate less chances of pulling a big one on me. Possibly staying home, doing nothing out of the ordinary. The gifts are enough, after all. I would only allow myself to enjoy my birthday the day before, or the day after. Never on the day itself. So far, it has worked, and I shall repeat the same thing for this birthday.

There are quite a few "curses" I have. things that keep happening with the right conditions met. The rain curse, the curse that summons rain when I forget or don't bring a jacket and keeps the day as warm and dry as possible. Somehow developing the habit of bringing it almost everyday has weakened this curse severely and now rains as randomly as it should. I still shouldn't let my guard down yet, though. There are times when it seems to return.

The report card day curse. No matter how high my grades are, something happens, wheather I caused it or not and I get punished by my parents, if the event didn't punish me enough. This stupid curse discouraged me from trying to get grades higher than average.

The internet curse. On the worst possible time, I would get disconnected, if I could connect in the first place. Projects that I need to research on the internet are undone because of this. Free days are wasted because of this. I was delayed from playing RO when it first came out for several days because of this. I missed several one day only specials in the internet because of this. Not to mention that I’m a constant victim of Murphy’s law.

There are many more curses, many more. It’s just that they’re minor curses. By minor curses, I mean they don’t instantly come into mind when I decided to list the curses in my life that I have experienced. I have avoided triggering the Birthday curse so far, but I have been suffering from the internet curse since Saturday. Another long weekend wasted because of it.

"I may step into your trap, but I won't be kind enough to trigger it." - Kuraii(original character)

{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}

CURSE YOU INTERNET CURSE!!!! This was made on December 5, sometime around 5:30 on blogspot, and after many failures to post, saved on Microsoft Word. Whenever I’ll post this, I won’t bother editing because I’d probably be too lazy.

EDIT: ok, after I succeeded in posting this, the failed attempts suddenly appeared. To have accuracy on the time when the post was typed, I deleted every other "clone post" and edited the first failed attempt to show the complete version of the post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home