Thursday, December 22, 2005

Finally, my last day of community service. I got my chance to do what I should have finished earlier.

Goals:
- obtain signed green document from La Salle
- obtain permission to go to Shangri-La
- obtain Genshiken Vol. 2 for Benji
- find way to Power Station at Podium(I have to be able to go there alone for me to believe that I know the way there)
- estimate time required to reach Power Station at Podium
- go home by 5:30 to be able to watch King Kong with family

By 10, I gave the unsigned green document from La Salle. It took me until 3:50 to call to see if it was time and to obtain the signed green document from La Salle. I had an hour and a half to get Genshiken and to confirm the way to Power Station at Podium. I found out Powerbooks at Shang only had 1 copy of Genshiken vol. 1 left. I gave up searching for it by 4:05 or so. I began my speedrun(more accurately, undistracted walk, but I sacrificed accuracy for familiarity of terms) and quickly found my way to Podium's PowerStation. About 15 minutes from top floor of Shang to Power Station of Podium. Scanned for any games noteworthy for when I have to go there. Since I don't recall much besides the Time Crisis and Air Hockey table, I guess there wasn't much. I couldn't see it very well from the entrance, but I saw movement inside the Karaoke room. Didn't think that detail would be important until later on. Took 20 minutes going to the Shaw MRT from Power Station. So travel time - side trips - distractions = 15 to 20 minutes. I rang the doorbell of my house at exactly 5:30, according to my watch. I rushed all the way back and didn't bother checking other bookstores for Genshiken vol. 2 only to find that my dad was going to arrive late and I could have wasted another hour. Now, I type this post. After reading through comments of known Live Journals and checking the what day of the week it is, I realized what that movement I saw in the Karaoke room was.

There's always Fully Booked. I remember seeing a lot of copies of vol. 2 Genshiken there. I just have to remember to bring just the right amount of cash. If I bring more than P1000, I just might- Augh, money... losing... CONTROL!! *buys Batman Manual/any martial art tutorial book/Dilbert/Calvin and Hobes/etc.*

3 Comments:

During 6:30 AM, Blogger insane_orange hallucinated...

At least you didn't dislocate your knee. XD

 
During 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous hallucinated...

roflolx

 
During 10:35 PM, Blogger Raziel hallucinated...

My turn is done. If anyone's going to dislocate their knee, it's gonna be one of the others! =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home