Monday, April 03, 2006

First class, and I came 5 minutes late. -_-;(mental note: It takes 10 minutes to reach the place) The method of this class seems like it will be very different from the one in LSGH.

When I came in, sensei was going on and on about how someone can't just learn the language itself, but must also learn the culture, how to enjoy it, and etc to be able to use it properly. It was a very long introduction for the language. From it, I learned that the class is going to focus in speaking the language rather than writing, people get paid for doing weird things for part-time jobs in Japan, and suicide is the "in" thing among the students there.

It was interesting going all the way back to the beginning. I understood what sensei in LSGH said more now. The room was... blindingly white. White walls, big white rectangular table, white seats, white clock, white aircon, and a white fluorecent(probably spelt it wrong, but too lazy to care) light directly above. it reminded me of the mental asylum, only with stuff inside the room The carpet was blue. May actually have to wear jacket next time.

I was given all the handouts for the entire lesson plan. whee! Curious about how sensei is going to approach it. First lesson was pronounciation of hiregana/katakana characters and recognizing borrowed english words and possible different meanings. I never knew about the "n" before b, p, m, and probably others I don't remember changing it's pronounciation to "m" thing. Assignment is to memorize how to introduce myself and common greetings. Good thing it's almost just like the LSGH class expressions! mwahahaha.

Tomorrow morning is crashingdriving.

Khan and I watched Airdance today too. I met Rika's Iinchou for the first time. First reaction:
It's... pink. (To Rika): "That's yours, right?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home